Wednesday, March 31, 2010

everything's changing.

I am feeling so incredibly liberated today. You wanna know something sad? I'm not really friends with anyone I was friends with in high school. I graduated less than a year ago. Isn't it funny how much things change? People always say "we'll talk all the time, nothing's going too change! we'll still be just as good of friends!" Well let me tell you what. That, my friends, is a load of crap. Seriously. Sure, I still "chat" with some people, but barely anyone makes an effort to talk or hang out with me when we're all on break. I was the only one still hanging on. And that's really sad, ya know. But it's gotten easier lately. But yet it was still hard. And I think I figured out why. My room was covered in pictures of my friends and I in high school, and even a select few I made while at KU. I was constantly looking at those memories. And they all made me sad. Leaving KU was hard because I knew I was leaving some pretty great friends. That was the ONLY thing holding me back. But now those people don't ever talk to me unless I talk to them first. What kind of friendship is that? The same goes for the friends I had in high school. No one really makes an effort to be my friend. So I'm letting all of that go. Today I took down every picture that included someone who wasn't really my friend anymore. And you know what the sad part about that is? The only pictures I had left were of my family, one of my boyfriend, and two with me and my dog in them. But you know what? I don't feel sad about that anymore. People grow up and they change. They move on, make new friends, etc. And honestly, I don't need my life filled with people who just don't give a darn about me. Most of them will tell me they just don't have time to chat very often, they're always busy, etc. But that's a load of crap too. I see these people on Facebook all the time. If you've got time to Facebook, you've got time to say a quick hello to someone or ask how their life has been.

Sorry for all of that. Just something I needed to get off my chest. I feel so much better about everything. My life is going so well now, and while it would be nice for someone to care about that or have someone to share it with, I'm okay. I've got my family, my boyfriend (who also happens to be my best friend), and my puppy. And of course God. And honestly, that's all I need to be happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment