Sunday, March 28, 2010

oh, how things change...

I crack myself up. You wanna know why? Because two days ago I was SO set on Nursing. But I took this whole weekend (or rather, just most of today) to really reflect on my life and what I want to do. I weighed the pros and cons. Nursing would be great, but I'm honestly not sure I could handle it. I'm not so good when it comes to blood or needles and I get pretty squeemish! Plus I know it's a lot of hard work and effort. I'm not saying I can't put forth some hard work or effort, but really, when it comes down to it, I just don't think it's the best option for me.

Now, Psychology has always been an option for me as well. I love Psychology. I love learning about our minds and behaviors and why we do what it is we do. But an Associate's Degree in Psychology won't you get many jobs. So if I want to get a good job with a Psych. degree I'd have to end up transferring to a four year university for my last two years. And honestly, that is not a good idea. I know that for a fact. I hated KU when I went there. (I know it was only one semester, but it was one semester too long!) I hated living in the dorms and sharing a public bathroom and how huge the campus was. KCK is small and 20 minutes from home and I get to sleep in my OWN bed at night and wake up and shower in my OWN shower. I know you have to grow up and move on someday, but right now, that's just not the best option for me.

So that being said, I was pretty much stuck with nothing. Until I remembered how ever since I was a little girl, all I've wanted is to be a teacher. I don't even know why, but something about it just pulls me in! So I was looking at KCK's programs and noticed that they have an Early Childhood Education program. I wouldn't have to go anywhere else at all. I'd still only have an Associate's but you can do a lot more with an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education than you can with an Associate's in Psychology!!

This time around, I'm not saying this if official. Because every time THAT happens, it changes! So for now, this is the plan. Stay at home until I finish out the program and then get a job. Who knows, maybe I'll be married by then and won't have to be living under my dad's roof while I'm a grown up. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment