Wednesday, December 16, 2009

changes.

"Something has changed within me, something is not the same…-"Defying Gravity" from Wicked

I listened to that song this morning, and while the whole song itself does not describe what I'm feeling, those few short words do. Something has definitely changed within me since I moved to Lawrence a few months ago. But it wasn't something good. While I was rediscovering my relationship with God while here, everything else in me was changing. I still wasn't living for Him the way I should be. For Him and only Him. Not for anyone else. And that's what I've been trying to do.

So while my change recently has been bad, I'm turning it around into a good change. I wasn't headed down the wrong path, just away from the good path. So I'm turning around, changing directions, and am going to slowly make my way down the right path. It's what I want to do, and it's what I have to do. I want to be in the right. I can’t keep living a certain way because that’s what people want or expect from me. Yeah, maybe a few months back I didn’t even believe in God, but you know, I met somebody that changed that for me. He opened my eyes to the Lord and I am so very thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment